Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Oh so sleepy...yawn...



Imagine having the flu for over a month. That is how I feel every day. I wake up with achy joints, sore muscles, and fatigue that is unexplainable in words. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I am waiting for a call back from my neuro in regards to my blood test results one month post starting Imuran. It turns out my white blood cell count, hemeglobin, hematocrit, and a/g ratio are all low and it is making me feel like absolute crap. If you google it, you come up with the boy in the bubble or other scary stuff. Basically I have no immune system and zero energy right now. I want to go back to feeling crappy the way I got used to, at least I could function then. Sorry so down, I am just sooo tired.

In more positive news, the kids had a blast for Easter. Cindy calls the Easter Bunny "Bunny Easter." John is getting a little too old, but never too old for candy and money:) I woke up Easter morning unable to walk, about 2 hours later I was mobile and then during brunch I couldn't use my hands any more, kinda hard to eat when you can't hold a fork...that passed as well, don't worry I'm not starving:)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Jen. This disease sucks, that's all there is to it. Does the Imuran cause the achiness and stuff? I'm on CellCept. No side effects except tummy irritation, so I take it with food and everything's ok.

    Keep us posted on how you're doing... Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is at this point. I have stomach troubles from the Imuran. The achiness could be from my white count being so low and the immunosuppressents masking an infection. I usually feel that way for a couple days after the IVIG but this has gone on for a month and has only worsened.

    ReplyDelete