Friday, April 16, 2010

Feeling pretty good

I've just finished my IVIG and I am doing pretty well. I'm tired from the benedryl but once that wears off I should feel like the energizer bunny. The session flew by today because I slept through most of it. It amazes me how far we have come with medical advancements. 50 years ago Mestinon was around but beyond that I would be in pretty bad shape. Fast forward to the present and not only are there three prescriptions to manage this uncurable disease but the IVIG would have been unimaginable. I am blessed to be able to receive treatment in my PJ's in the comfort of my own home. If I get hungry (which I do quite a bit with the steriods they use at the beginning of my treatment) I can cruise on over to my own fridge. If I have to go to the bathroom I use my own. I have full control of the remote if I am alert enough to follow the plot of a movie or TV show and the absolute best part of receiving treatment at home is opening all of the doors and windows and letting the fresh air flow through the house. I can't do that tomorrow as we will have quite frigid temperatures.

The temperature fluctuations in the midwest are as drastic as my condition. Yesterday it was sunny and 80 degrees outside, today it is in the 60s, tomorrow we will be lucky to hit 50. I'm going to try to be my own physical metorologist and really hone in on what kicks off my symptom flare ups. So, starting today I am going to jot down the amount of sleep I got the night before, any stress that was unexpected, and how I am feeling in general. My hope is to be more in tune with my body and reduce the triggers that are in my control.

Sleep - 9 hours
Condition in the AM - Quite weak, difficulty with speech and walking
Condition in the afternoon - Speech back to normal, still some intermittent weakness but not severe.
Stressors - Concerned about being ready for treatment on account of waking up late, everything worked fine and I was ready on time. Super stressed that I couldn't work today on account of the volcano from Iceland that is impacting many of my international travelers. Thank the Lord for Rosie running back up in my absence. I owe her flowers and lunch:)
Stress level (1-10) - 8AM - 7, 12N - 4, 3P - 4
Feeling in General - Pretty Good:)

Happy Weekend everyone! And thank you Kerri for your kind note.

No comments:

Post a Comment