Monday, April 26, 2010

Frustrated with the ups and downs of this Roller Coaster

So, I had a busy weekend. Saturday my mother in law picked the kids and I up to see a play. One would thing sitting for two hours would not exhaust me but i was stumbling around and relying on my walker for the rest of the evening. Sunday was much better, I even managed to do some cleaning. It has been a while since I have been able to accomplish that. And I felt fine afterward. Typically I have to chop chores up into little tasks so I don't fatigue out but I was able to unload and load the dishes in one session and unload and load the laundry in one session. I felt okay for the rest of the evening but the beast struck again this morning. I remember hitting the snooze button but my husband said the next time the alarm went off he lifted my arm and it fell like a noodle, I couldn't even open my mouth to annunciate...just mumbles that were incoherent. He let me sleep another 1/2 hour and brought me my AM dose of Mestinon with coffee. That helped get things moving but I had to sit on each step to get upstairs and I am relying on the walker to get around as I fell again. My whole body aches, like the flu without the fever, and my typing which is usually travel agent fast is a series of slow methodical clicks. Each of my fingers feels like a 10 pound weight. I wish there wasn't such a lapse in time between doing too much and it's effects. I am tired and a bit grouchy today but I know this too shall pass.
Jen

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Jen!! I hope things get better QUICKLY for you! This disease is SO frustrating! Sometimes it's like direct cause and effect, and other times it seems like there's no rhyme or reason to when symptoms get worse...I'm always here if you need to talk, vent, whatever! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete