Friday, January 22, 2010

A special thanks to all the good nurses out there

I am happy to report that this was the most uneventful IVIG treatment I have received to date. I couldn't have asked for a better nurse. Cynthia is a pro in her profession. Since June I have had multiple IV's and blood draws monthly. Every single time the vein in the crook of my elbow was used. This is troublesome for two reasons. The first being that there is now a ton of scar tissue on each. The second that any movement of my arm causes pinching, pain, or the IV to stop dripping. Getting back to my original point, Cynthia used a vein on the inside of my forearm and not only did the IV line not bother me at all, I didn't feel it going in or coming out.

This may not sound like that big of a deal but for people like me with chronic illnesses, requiring repeated treatments, it was a downright miracle and answer to prayer. During the infusion I suffered zero side effects and I am already starting to feel the benefits. I am crossing my fingers that I wake up tomorrow headache free, I am optimistic due to the fact that I followed the same protocol I used during my last hospital stay: hydrate, hydrate, hydrate and protein, protein, protein.

I had a wonderful evening with my family, a nice chicken and rice comfort food dinner, followed by a board game and a movie. I am blessed to have such wonderful children and a loving husband. I am still having a little trouble with my eye and I'm exhausted but today was a great day. I'll post more tomorrow, here is to a restful night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment