Saturday, March 6, 2010

Great Day!

This morning I awoke with more vim and vigor than I have in the past year. Most mornings I feel as though I am walking through wet cement in the middle of thick swamp fog. I think it is a combination of this commitment to giving and the modification to my treatment. Whatever it is...I LIKE it:)



Last year, before my illness hit me, I was working out in the gym at least 3 times a week and was like the energizer bunny mom. Many things have changed for my kids, ages 3 and 10 but most of all just the mom they knew. I know it is scary for them to have seen me in the hospital so many times. They have been so brave and loving through this all but since I was feeling so well, I wanted today to be about them. Today I give with a child's heart, today I give with a child's heart, today I give with a child's heart.



What I did for my kids today:

1. I let my oldest stay home from school and bought him a new video game.

2. I took the kids to Toys R Us and Taco Bell for lunch (we have been eating very healthy at home lately so this was a huge treat).

3. We added on $2 to our bill to support Autism research and the kids each received a sticker to proudly wear.

4. I let them pull out all of the really loud games and played with them, you know Whac-A-Mole, Hungry-Hungry-Hippo, I even let them jump on and pop the bubble wrap.

5. We had a dance party in the living room.

6. We had dinner on a blanket on the living room floor and called it a picnic. I let them pick what they wanted for dinner so we had Steak, Crab Legs with Butter, French Fries, Broccoli, and M&M's and Rolo's for Desert.

7. We ordered a movie on TV and stayed up past bed time cuddling on the couch with a big sleeping bag and a bowl of popcorn.

8. I spent extra time reading and praying with each of my children and sent them off for a long night of sweet comfortable dreams.



What a great day, I got to be a kid again too! May all of you enjoy the peace and joy of blissful innocence.



Jen

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a PERFECT day!!! It's so tough to be a mom with chronic illness. I get Mommy guilt all the time. I really struggle with not being able to do stuff like that with Jacob. BUT...he is mine and I am his, and we love each other like crazy!!

    ReplyDelete