Monday, October 18, 2010

The flu and MG...yuck!

Well, the flu bug descended upon our home two weeks ago. Let me tell you, caring for two sick kids, and catching the bug, and having MG is not a good combo. It started with my 10 year old son, he has asthma and always catches something nasty in the fall. I quarantined him to his room and busted out the bleach wipes, things were going well for the first few days and then my 4 year old caught it. She can't resist touching everything so inevitably I came down with it as well. Everyone was given antibiotics and I managed to pretty much keep it out of my lungs but it took me down pretty hard. I am happy to report that everyone is feeling much better this week though.

On the sewing front, I have successfully made two pillows, one for my son and one for my daughter. The machine is in need of repair so my next project is on hold until we can figure out why the zig-zag function isn't working, once that is squared away I will make a mommy and daughter matching apron set...fun, fun, fun!

I also started my physical therapy. I know it will work well, but yeowch! I am trying to build up my muscles that have atrophied and strengthen the supporting muscles in my spine that cause me daily pain. I will report more on my progress in the next post.

I hope you are all well, autumn is upon us, the leaves are beautiful (as long as they remain on the trees:)). Until next time...
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Crazy! Ijust started physical therapy too! Mine is for my hips... I'm not sure how it will work since when the guy was out here evaluating me I could only do one rep of everything...we shall see!

    ReplyDelete